A selection of my latest bakes

Your pictures and fotos in a slideshow on MySpace, eBay, Facebook or your website!view all pictures of this slideshow

Friday, August 8, 2008

Spiced Fruit Cake

I love playing with recipes, adapting them to suit myself,
and if it works, YAY, I am a happy little girlie.
This is actually a Barm Brack recipe that I played with.
So it is now a Spiced and Boiled Fruit Cake.

This is what I used..

500 grams mixed Dried Fruit.
(Prunes, Currants and Sultanas)
2 cups of Water.
200 grams of Brown Sugar.
200 grams of S.R. Flour.
2 Eggs.
1 teasp. Cinnamon.
1 teasp. Nutmeg.
1 teasp. Cloves.

(All ground)

1 cup of candied Cherries (cut)

Raw sugar for putting on top.








What to do.....

Place the water and spices into a large saucepan

and bring to the boil. Put in the dried fruit and

half the brown sugar and bring back to the boil.

Then gently simmer while you do this next step.

Sift the flour into a large bowl, add the last of the

brown sugar. Now have a cuppa while the fruit

is cooling. You turned it off when you made the

cuppa.

Okay, back to it. Pour the fruit mixture into the




flour/sugar bowl and add the two eggs. Mix with

your wooden spoon, we don't want to break up

the fruit. Add the cherries now too.

If the mix is a little too stiff (mine wasn't) you

can add a little canola oil here. Just a touch mind.


Grease a loaf tin (I used my Analon loaf tins) 2

Place cake mix into the tins and sprinkle the

raw sugar on top. Bake in a oven at 170c for

around an hour, or until skewer comes out clean.

Take out of oven and allow to cool before taking

out of tin.


This cake keeps for ages in a cake tin, but one

of mine went in the first day, so I hid the

other one.




Now sit back again with another cuppa and
a slice of this delightful cake.








5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally,

I'm Alisha from Wowzio, and I'm excited to tell you about our new widget platform that helps bloggers increase readership and create more engaged users. I wanted to reach out to you to ask for your feedback on these widgets (feel free to also install them on your blog, if you feel they are a good fit). You can check out widgets customized for your blog here:

Wowzio Widgets for your blog

I'm sorry for leaving this message via a comment, it's not at all our intent to spam you ( which is why i'm leaving this comment on an older post and you can always remove this comment ). Again, we would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks,
Alisha Wright
alisha.wright1@gmail.com

Sally said...

No thank you Alisha. I am technically challenged. And have trouble with the simplest of things. Thank you again.

Coby said...

Hottie, I just don't know how you do it - and it works every time. Sounds loverly!

Sally said...

Thank you Coby, you sweetheart.MWA

Rosie said...

a most wonderful fruit cake Sally!!

Rosie x