Recipe for Pineapple Upside Down Cake:
80 grs Butter.
1/2 Cup brown sugar.
Small can of pineapple slices.
Glazed cherries (optional).
2/3 Cup Sugar.
3/4 Cup pineapple juice (from can).
1 tsp vanilla essence.
1 Cup self raising flour.
1/4 tsp salt.
Do the following in a 20cm cake pan.
1. Melt butter in microwave and then pour into cake tin.
2. Spread brown sugar evenly over the butter.
3. Arrange pineapple slices and the cherries in a desired pattern on the butter / sugar.
1. Beat eggs for about five minutes.
2. Continue beating and gradually add in sugar, then juice and vanilla.
3. Add sifted flour and salt to the mixture.
4. Pour over the topping in the cake tin.
5. Bake in oven (moderate 180C) for 45 minutes to an hour.
6. Turn pan upside down on a plate and cool for 10 - 15 minutes.