A selection of my latest bakes

Your pictures and fotos in a slideshow on MySpace, eBay, Facebook or your website!view all pictures of this slideshow

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Pancakes

Shrove Tuesday/Pancake day. I adore pancakes. With anything. Lemon and sugar, Maple syrup, Potato pancakes, Savoury pancakes. I could go on and on, and fill this page up with different ways of eating these delights. Today, we had them with fresh strawberries and vanilla ice cream. Delish.
This morning, I did a Google search for different recipes for these. Boy there is a load out there. In the end I used, the *bung it in and no real measuring recipe* I have used for years.
A hint though... The first one is always rubbish. Prepare yourself for this and put it straight in the bin, from then onwards, perfect pancakes.

You will need...
2 cups S.R. Flour (sifted)
2 Eggs (beaten)
2 teasps Vanilla Essence.
1 tablespoon Butter (melted)
1 tablespoon Castor Sugar (if making sweet ones)
600mls Milk (or maybe a little more 'cos I just bunged it in)
Butter for cooking in.

Method.
Place flour into a large jug, add eggs, butter, sugar, vanilla and last the milk.
Mix with hand mixer until you are happy there are no lumps and all ingredients are well combined.
In a fry pan, place a little butter and heat until melted, but not burnt. Wipe out the butter now with a paper towel. Leaving just a little that has coated the bottom of the fry pan. Place a soup ladle full of batter into the fry pan on a low heat. Do not disturb until you see bubbles rising through the pancake then toss or flip. Around two minutes on this side and then your first pancake is done. Now, like I said. My first one is always rubbish, yours might not be. Then repeat this until you have enough pancakes made. Makes around 15 pancakes.

8 comments:

violets said...

Sal, your pancakes are beautiful, they make me want to eat strawberries which we can't get at the moment.

Vi xx

Oh my! Apple pie! said...

How many pancakes will be getting tossed tonight,lol, my son has been shouting for them all day.
Yours are beautifully presented, strawberry and icecream yum!

Rhyleysgranny said...

They look lovely Sal. I follow your advice about the first pancake. I bung it in my mouth though not the bin :)

Coby said...

LOL I am with Granny - the first one's the 'cook's treat' in our house:D Hard to believe, looking at that beautiful plateful that there was an ugly one though:)

Anonymous said...

Oh Sal I want to eat those pancakes right now. They look divine.

JillyB said...

Sal, I love the idea of putting vanilla in the pancakes. I could just eat a plateful right now!

Cakebrain said...

ooh. yum! I love pancakes and haven't had them in ages! droool!

♥Rosie♥ said...

Just beautiful Sally!!

Rosie x