There are so many recipes out there for flapjacks. This one I used, is from
http://www.scottishrecipes.co.uk/ with the addition of ground ginger.
I know they are simple to make, but today I had the need to make some thing quickly, tasty and without much effort. So on went the air conditioning and then the oven.
75g of Butter.
75g light Brown Sugar.
1 tablespoon of Golden Syrup.
175g of porridge Oats.
2 tablespoons ground Ginger.
1. Put the butter, sugar and golden syrup into a saucepan and stir over a low heat until the fat and sugar have melted.
2. Add the ground ginger and porridge oats and blend thoroughly.
3. Press into a well greased 18cm square sandwich tin.
4. Bake in the centre of a moderate oven at 180c for 25 minutes or until evenly golden brown. 5. Mark into fingers whilst warm.
6. Allow to become almost cold in the tin before removing.
It might look ugly but it sure tastes good!
6 years ago