A selection of my latest bakes

Your pictures and fotos in a slideshow on MySpace, eBay, Facebook or your website!view all pictures of this slideshow

Monday, September 22, 2008

Curried potatoes with minted peas

Another simple dish to make. I have loads of potatoes at the moment and am a little fed up with the standard way of serving them. You know, mashed, roasted and chips. Although we do love our potatoes any way they are cooked, so had a bit of a play today in the kitchen. There is quite a wind blowing here and when hubby came home, he said he could smell what I was cooking out on the road.


You will need....


4 large Potatoes. (cut smallish)
1 Onion. (diced)
A handful of peas. (I used minted frozen)
Olive oil.
Large knob of butter.
Curry powder.
Turmeric.

Parsley.




Peel and cook the potatoes in water until almost done, but still firm.

Then drain them and just leave for a while.

In a fry pan, put the olive oil and butter, add the curry powder and turmeric, and cook off a little, add the diced onion and cook these until soft. Now add the potatoes, toss and turn until all is coated with the curried oil and onions. Last add the peas and a tablespoon of chopped parsley.




This can be eaten cold or hot, I served it with curried sausages for dinner tonight.

4 comments:

Coby said...

Colonial-Indian comfort food! We had the perfect weather for that dish today Hottie, wish I had been there for it:)

Anna's kitchen table said...

Fabulous! Just my cup of tea! It all sounds so wonderfully warming.
:-)

Oh my! Apple pie! said...

I make something similar to this regularly, it's a delicious way to eat spuds.

Anonymous said...

This is really interesting. I like how you've used a kind of freezer staple to liven up the dish!