A selection of my latest bakes

Your pictures and fotos in a slideshow on MySpace, eBay, Facebook or your website!view all pictures of this slideshow

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Green Bean Vermicelli and Stir Fried Veg.


A lovely surprise parcel arrived from Miriam in Hong Kong just before Christmas. Miriam is one of many kind members of the forum I belong to. Some ginger sweets and some little cakes, and these Vermicelli noodles where in the parcel for me to try. Having never seen or tried them before, I was a little excited about using them. They are delicious and are on my shopping list for future meals.
I soaked the noodles in boiling water for five minutes, while chopped and prepared the vegetables.
The vegetables I used are...
White Onion.
Baby Capsicum (orange and red)
2 sweet Chillies.
Bean sprouts.
Bok Choy.
Green round Beans.
Brocolinni.

I tossed the vegetables in a little Sesame oil and cooked in order of thickness. (Onions first, finishing with the bean sprouts)
I then drained the noodles and tossed in to the wok with the veges, added a couple of tablespoons of Honey, Mustard and Herbs sauce right at the end, before serving.

The meal was hit with Hubby and myself, so fresh tasting, easy and quick to prepare.
THANK YOU MIRIAM. YOU ARE A SWEETIE.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anna's kitchen table said...

Sally, that looks lovely - so colourful and healthy too.

Happy New Year!

xxx

Rhyleysgranny said...

Mmmm that looks so good. Perfect in your hot weather.

arista said...

yum!

Salad Recipes said...

Hi thannks for sharing this