A selection of my latest bakes

Your pictures and fotos in a slideshow on MySpace, eBay, Facebook or your website!view all pictures of this slideshow

Monday, July 28, 2008

Easy Darl



This would have to be my most used dish, a true favorite and so versatile. We have it with nearly all our curries, on warm toast for breakfast, in a freshly baked roll and even with cheese in a sandwich.

There is always some made in my fridge ready to be consumed.

Here is the basic recipe that can be changed to suit yourself and tastes.

1 cup of washed RED LENTILS.

1 can of diced TOMATOES.

1 diced ONION.

2 tablespoons of PATAKS or SHARWOODS CURRY PASTE, always use a hot or medium as the mild is a waste of time. IMHO. Don't use tandoori.

1 cup of WATER.

Now, as the title suggests, this really is EASY DARL.

Put all ingreds into a microwaveable dish, and stir well. Place in microwave on high setting and cook 'til lentils have become mushy, stirring now and then, (every 5 mins) and checking to see if it needs more water. This may take up to 30 minutes. You can't overcook this dish.

Sometimes I also add CORN, PEAS or diced CAPSICUM to it. It's one of those dishes that anything goes. I have even added it to MEAT CURRIES to stretch them out a little more.

I made a very HOT BEEF CURRY and a milder sweet VEGETABLE and MANGO CURRY and served it with pain boiled Basmati rice and Naan bread.

A tip from one of my blogger friends. Put your toilet rolls in the fridge when you are serving a HOT curry. LOL.

Do hope you enjoy this, please let me know.

No comments: