A selection of my latest bakes

Your pictures and fotos in a slideshow on MySpace, eBay, Facebook or your website!view all pictures of this slideshow

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Shortbread Moulds

HELP! Does any body out there know how to use these shortbread moulds? I have been hankering after one for ages and finally got one a few weeks ago. It said on the packaging to wash and dry well first, then flour the mould before each use. HUH! It didn't work that well, spent ages trying to get the dough out and then with a sharp knife, I redid a lot of the design.
Also tried greasing it with melted butter, but that did not work at all. Ended up putting the shortbread dough in to a flan tin and cooking it that way. I so want to master this, for this coming Christmas as I would like to make them as gifts.
See next post for Lemon Shortbread.

2 comments:

Jayne said...

You could try dusting them with confectioners' sugar rather than flour before you press the dough in. Hope that helps!

Patricia said...

My tip is you have to press the shortbread in very well and then leave it is the fridge for at least an hour, then bake and it will come out easily.